To Our Patients,
I hope this message finds you well, but I suspect that you are dealing with the complications to life caused by the spread of COVID-19. Please know that the staff at River Region Dermatology and Laser is working diligently to navigate this public health emergency while continuing our work. We will be implementing the following strategies to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- We will remain open for urgent patient visits, but visits should be limited to the primary patient only and a caregiver if needed. Additional family members should remain at home or in the car to limit their exposure to illness in the clinic.
- Teledermatology (visits via phone and video) will are available! Please call us at 334-676-3366 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Patients who call in and report they may have been exposed to coronavirus within the last 30 days or exposure to someone under investigation or diagnosed with coronavirus or have a fever over 100.4 or cough should remain at home and reschedule. You may call the Alabama Department of Public Health hotline (1-888-264-2256) to arrange testing if needed.
- Patients who are immuonocompromised (under treatment for cancer or other chronic health conditions- Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure, COPD/Emphysema), should be extra vigilant around others, limit community contact, extra hand washing and avoiding people who are coughing and sneezing.
- Patients who take medication for suppression of autoimmune diseases (ie, PSORIASIS) should be extra vigilant around others, limit community contact, extra hand washing and avoiding people who are coughing and sneezing.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees. On a more personal note, we want to remember all those people in our country and around the world who are affected by this virus. Please keep the families and loved ones who are suffering in your thoughts and prayers.