Facials are one of the most popular skin care treatments available today. These relaxing, rejuvenating procedures can be incorporated into nearly anyone’s regular skin care routine, improving the overall look, feel, and health of their skin by ensuring it is properly exfoliated and cleansed.
River Region Dermatology & Laser is proud to bring an extensive range of effective skin care techniques to patients in the Montgomery area of Alabama. If you’d like more information about our practice or are interested in scheduling a consultation appointment, contact us today!
How Can a Facial Benefit Me?
Facials are one of the least invasive, most cosmetically beneficial treatments a person can undergo. These treatments provide the skin with deep cleansing, removing any toxins, grease, dirt, or excess sebum present. During treatment, blackheads and whiteheads are also removed, clearing the skin of many of its existing imperfections.
These treatments can also improve circulation, increasing the flow of oxygen-enriched blood to the cells of the skin. This helps give the skin a radiant glow while encouraging the production of newer, healthier tissues. As a result, the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and dry skin gradually improves.
What Can I Expect During a Facial?
While every facial varies a little bit from patient to patient, these treatments usually follow a similar series of general steps.
- Cleanse. Our providers usually begin every facial by clearing the skin of any leftover makeup, impurities, dirt, or debris that may be present.
- Consultation. Once impurities have been removed, the provider carefully examines the patient’s face to determine their skin type. The skin is also checked for the presence of blackheads, whiteheads, and sun damage during this step.
- Exfoliation. Using a combination of steam and other exfoliation techniques, the uppermost layer of the skin is cleansed. The pores are opened, and any blackheads and whiteheads present at the surface of the skin are gently loosened and prepped for extraction.
- Extraction. During the extraction process, existing blackheads and whiteheads are removed from the skin.
- Massage. The face is gently massaged in order to both stimulate the skin’s tissues and relax the facial muscles, allowing the patient to sink into a state of deep relaxation.
- Facial Mask. Following the massage, a soothing mask specially tailored the patient’s unique skin type and skin conditions is carefully applied to the face.
- Final Applications. Creams, gels, moisturizers, and sunscreens are applied to the patient’s face based on their unique skin care needs.
Do you think you could benefit from a rejuvenating facial? Contact River Region Dermatology & Laser today if you’d like any more information about this treatment, or if you’re interested in scheduling a consultation appointment with us.